JobBOSS offers a range of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solutions that are as unique and dynamic as your business. When determining the shop management software that best fits your business needs, budget and technology infrastructure, it is important to understand the differences between on-premise, private hosting and public cloud platforms.
What separates JobBOSS from other ERP solutions providers is that we are the only provider for custom, make-to-order and mixed mode manufacturers that offers such a wide variety of solutions, platforms and flexible pricing models. We believe that you should have the power to choose what is best for your business.
Interested in learning more about what type of ERP solution is best for your business? Contact an JobBOSS representative today at (800) 777-4334
On-premise Manufacturing ERP software maintains your business data on on-site servers that are accessible through your internal network. With an on-premise solution, you own the software outright as opposed to a cloud-based solution in which you license the software for a flat monthly subscription cost. As a whole, on-premise solutions provide greater overall control and are more customizable, and require an IT staff capable of handling and maintaining such software.
- You have total IT control and responsibility for hardware and software upgrades, uptime, security, and redundancy
- One time cost for the purchase of software
- Software is customizable to meet your company’s requirements
Private Hosting (Hosted)
To put it simply, cloud computing gives you the ability to securely access and use your business software through a web browser or any internet enabled device such as phones and tablet computers.
The benefits of a private hosting platform:
- No need to purchase or own servers/hardware
- Controllable/predictable monthly costs
- Minimal IT support required
- Accessible via the internet - anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Easily add/remove users
- Secure and reliable, guaranteed system uptime of 99.95%.
- No technology infrastructure required (Only internet access)
- Automatic software upgrades and data backup
Private cloud, also referred to as hosting, means your specific software is housed on a secure remote server that is maintained by a third-party hosting facility as opposed to being shared with other businesses. Private cloud computing, by definition is a single-tenant environment where the hardware, storage and network are dedicated to a single client or company.
- You have control over the implementation and upgrade of the software
- Software can be customized to meet your organization’s needs
- Costs related to hosting service are based on a monthly subscription
- Software costs are based on either a perpetual license or monthly subscription